Bend Child Molestation Attorney
Experienced Defense Against Child Molestation Charges in Oregon
If you or a loved one is facing child molestation charges, it's crucial to have a strong and experienced legal advocate by your side. At Ward Grover, we take these cases seriously and provide unwavering support to our clients throughout the legal process. Our Bend child molestation lawyers have a deep understanding of the complexities of these cases and are committed to providing aggressive legal representation to protect your rights and ensure the best possible result.
Call Ward Grover today at (541) 312-5150 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our child molestation lawyer in Bend.
What is Child Molestation?
Child molestation is a serious criminal offense involving the sexual abuse or exploitation of a minor. In Oregon, it encompasses a wide range of acts, including but not limited to:
- Sexual conduct with a child under the age of 16.
- Sodomy, rape, or unlawful sexual penetration of a child.
- Encouraging a child to engage in sexual conduct.
- Possession or distribution of child pornography.
- Using a child in sexually explicit performances or displays.
What are the Penalties for Child Molestation in Oregon?
Child molestation convictions in Oregon carry substantial penalties that can have a lasting impact on your life. The specific consequences may vary depending on the severity of the offense and other factors, but generally include:
- Imprisonment: A conviction may result in significant prison time, ranging from several years to a life sentence, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- Sex Offender Registration: Convicted individuals are required to register as sex offenders, which can have a deep impact on their personal and professional life. This registration often includes mandatory community notifications and restrictions on where a registered sex offender may live or work.
- Probation: In some cases, probation may be offered as an alternative to imprisonment, but it comes with strict conditions, including counseling and close supervision.
- Restraining Orders: Courts may issue restraining orders to protect the victim, prohibiting any contact with the child involved in the case.
- Civil Lawsuits: In addition to criminal penalties, child molestation victims or their families may file civil lawsuits to seek compensation for damages.
Defenses Against Child Molestation Charges
Some potential defenses against child molestation charges may include:
- False Accusations: Child molestation cases often hinge on the credibility of witnesses, and false accusations can and do occur. We can investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations to uncover any inconsistencies or motives for making false claims.
- Lack of Evidence: A strong defense strategy may involve challenging the prosecution's evidence, including the reliability of witness testimony, the validity of forensic evidence, or the chain of custody of any physical evidence.
- Constitutional Violations: If your rights had been violated during the investigation or arrest, we can aggressively pursue suppression of evidence obtained through unconstitutional means.
- Consent: In some instances, individuals charged with child molestation may argue that the sexual activity was consensual and not coerced. This defense may be applicable in certain circumstances.
- Alibi: We can investigate whether you can provide an alibi that proves you were not present at the time of the alleged incident.
Contact Our Child Molestation Lawyer in Bend Today
The consequences of a conviction are severe, and your future is at stake. At Ward Grover, our Bend child molestation attorneys are committed to defending your rights. We will provide aggressive, compassionate, and unwavering support throughout the legal process. We are here to help you navigate the legal system and work tirelessly to protect your rights and your future. Don't face these serious charges alone; contact us today for a confidential consultation. Your future is too important to leave to chance.
Contact Ward Grover today to get started with our Bend child molestation attorney.
Known in the Community as a Trusted Law Firm
We Provide Personal Attention to Every Client
We Handle Cases at Both State and Federal Levels
Our Team Consists of Criminal Defense Specialists
Our Firm Is Focused on Criminal Defense
We Have over 50 Years of Combined Experience
Assault and Harassment Case Dismissed
Assault II x2 (Measure 11); Assault III, Reckless Endangerment x3. Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Assault IV Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Att. Rape I, Sex Abuse I (Measure 11), Sex Abuse III, Assault IV x 2 Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants and Reckless Driving Not Guilty Jury Verdict
DUI, Reckless Driving, Reckless Endangerment Full Jury Acquittal DUI
Menacing Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Menacing, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Reckless Endangerment Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Parole and Probation Hearing Sex Offender Registration Relief
Private Indecency, Criminal Mistreatment I x2 (felony) Not Guilty Verdict