By Your Side from Arrest through Trial
No one goes looking for legal trouble, but sometimes life can push and pull you toward circumstances that put you at real risk of arrest. As a defendant in the criminal justice system, you face an intimidating array of investigators, prosecutors, and experts who have made it their mission to convict you. It’s a terrifying experience that you should not face alone.
You need someone who will fight hard for you both inside and outside the courtroom. You need experience on your side. The Bend criminal defense lawyers at Ward Grover will stand with you to provide the best advice and legal strategies to improve your odds of success. We provide creative, insightful solutions to each unique problem.
More than 50 Years of Combined Experience
Ward Grover are the criminal defense attorneys you need when you are charged with a serious crime. If you are facing criminal charges in Oregon’s State or Federal Courts, we can help. We have extensive experience with drug crimes, assaults, DUI’s, federal crimes, sex crimes, juvenile crimes and white-collar crimes. We are self-defense experts who can protect you if you were charged after defending yourself from someone else’s violent actions. Our Bend criminal defense team has over 50 years of combined experience and we are laser-focused on getting results. Your defense begins today with a simple phone call. We’ve got your back!
What Do Defense Attorneys Do?
Defense attorneys, also known as criminal defense lawyers, represent individuals or organizations facing criminal charges. Their primary role is to advocate for their clients and ensure that their legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Here are some of the key tasks and responsibilities of defense attorneys:
- Legal advice: Defense attorneys provide legal advice to their clients regarding their rights, the charges they are facing, and the potential consequences of the legal proceedings.
- Case analysis: They review the evidence against their clients, investigate the circumstances of the alleged crime, and identify any legal issues that may impact the case.
- Defense strategy: Based on their analysis of the case, defense attorneys develop a defense strategy tailored to the specific circumstances of their clients' cases. This strategy may involve challenging the evidence, presenting witnesses, negotiating with prosecutors, or preparing for trial.
- Court representation: If the case goes to trial, defense attorneys represent their clients in court proceedings. This includes presenting evidence, cross-examining witnesses, making legal arguments, and advocating for their clients' innocence or for mitigating circumstances.
- Post-trial advocacy: If their clients are convicted, defense attorneys may continue to advocate on their behalf during sentencing, seeking the most favorable outcome possible.
Throughout the entire process, defense attorneys work to protect their clients' rights, ensure fair treatment under the law, and achieve the best possible outcome given the circumstances of the case.