Bend Domestic Violence Attorney
Experienced Legal Defense Against Domestic Violence Charges in Deschutes and Crook County
If you are facing charges for domestic violence, you need an aggressive and experienced criminal defense attorney. The stakes are high, and you could be facing severe legal penalties. Without a skilled Bend domestic violence attorney, you could be convicted and forced to deal with the consequences of a criminal record. A conviction could negatively impact your reputation, employment opportunities, and future.
At Ward & Grover, our Bend domestic violence attorneys are dedicated to protecting our clients' rights. We have the skills and knowledge to defend you against domestic violence charges aggressively. We will work to build a strong defense for you and help you avoid the severe consequences that a conviction could bring. We understand how stressful and confusing a domestic violence charge can be, and we are ready to assist you in resolving your case as quickly as possible.
Charged with domestic violence? Call Ward Grover today at (541) 312-5150 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our domestic violence lawyer in Bend!
What Is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence involves using or attempting physical force or threatening use of a deadly weapon. It can also affect the threat of physical force or the threatened use of a deadly weapon.
Domestic violence is a term that covers a wide range of offenses, including:
- Assault: An assault is an attempt to harm someone. An assault can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.
- Unlawful use of force: This is when someone uses force against someone else, but the force does not result in bodily injury. Illegal use of force is also a misdemeanor.
- Criminal trespass: This involves entering someone else's property without permission.
- Reckless endangering: This involves putting someone else in danger by recklessly doing something.
- Criminal mischief: This includes damaging someone else's property.
- Harassment: This involves unwanted and repeated actions that disturb or upset someone else.
- Stalking: This involves repeatedly following, harassing, or threatening to hurt someone. It can also include being physically present in a location where you are not welcome.
What are the Penalties for Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence is a serious offense that can result in harsh penalties. The severity of the penalties depends on the severity of the crime. A first offense of domestic violence is a misdemeanor. A second offense is a felony. A conviction will result in a permanent criminal record. A conviction could also involve mandatory counseling, fines, and community service.
If you are convicted of domestic violence, you could face the following penalties:
- Misdemeanor: A misdemeanor is a lesser offense than a felony. A misdemeanor conviction can result in penalties that include a fine, community service, and/or jail time. The length of jail time can vary depending on the circumstances. A misdemeanor conviction can also involve a criminal record.
- Felony: A felony conviction is the most serious type of conviction. A felony conviction can result in a prison sentence of over one year. A felony conviction can also result in a permanent criminal record and a loss of civil rights.
A conviction for domestic violence can negatively impact your life. You could lose your job, your reputation, and your freedom. You need an experienced and dedicated criminal defense attorney if you face domestic violence charges. We can help you fight your charges and work to get your charges reduced or dismissed. We have the skills and knowledge to build a strong defense for you and create the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Our Bend Domestic Violence Lawyer Today
If you are facing domestic violence charges, we can help. We have the skills and knowledge to help you fight your charges. We can help you avoid the consequences of a conviction and protect your future. Contact us for a free case evaluation.
Contact Ward Grover today to schedule a FREE consultation with our domestic violence attorney in Bend!
Client Success StoriesRead How We Have Helped Others
She will fight for you- C.B.
A truly compassionate lawyer- Former Client
I was so thankful and proud to show up with him in court.- K.R.
I wanted to thank you again for all of your help getting me through this.- D.T.
Would highly recommend him 100%- T.B.
What Sets Us Apart?Committed, Zealous & Compassionate Representation
Known in the Community as a Trusted Law Firm
We Provide Personal Attention to Every Client
We Handle Cases at Both State and Federal Levels
Our Team Consists of Criminal Defense Specialists
Our Firm Is Focused on Criminal Defense
We Have over 80 Years of Combined Experience
Recent Case ResultsLet Us Work Towards a Favorable Outcome
Assault and Harassment Case Dismissed
Assault II x2 (Measure 11); Assault III, Reckless Endangerment x3. Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Assault IV Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Att. Rape I, Sex Abuse I (Measure 11), Sex Abuse III, Assault IV x 2 Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants and Reckless Driving Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Menacing Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Menacing, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Reckless Endangerment Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Private Indecency, Criminal Mistreatment I x2 (felony) Not Guilty Verdict
Reckless Driving Not Guilty Jury Verdict
Sex Abuse III x4 Not Guilty Jury Verdict